What You'll Learn
Through the year, you will live and serve in a small town or rural location, receiving the chance to both observe and learn from the local pastor, as well as serve through teaching, preaching and many other duties. The 12-month internship will teach you:
- The inner workings of a country church
- How to build strong relationships through visitations
- The work of a Village Missions couple
- How to overcome ministry challenges
- Effective public speaking
What You'll Experience
Throughout the year, you will experience five key things:
- A strong, lasting relationship with the local pastor.
- Intentional discipleship throughout the internship.
- Motivation to grow in your personal walk with the Lord
- Hands-on, practical ministry opportunities in many facets of rural pastoral ministry.
- The rural and/or small town lifestyle
If you feel called to be full time Village Missionaries, yet lack the skills you need to shepherd a church effectively, this internship is for you. Through this year long internship a veteran missionary will coach and shepherd you to serve a country church effectively.
Also, you should have a deep commitment to the Word of God, a love for teaching and a willingness to learn. A four-year Bible degree is preferred, although equivalent experience is accepted on a case-by-case basis. Your immediate family (spouse & children) must also be willing to relocate for the year.
You will be required to raise a minimum amount of support but will also receive a competitive base salary and full health benefits for yourself and family members.
Is God calling you to serve in rural places?
An internship is a great way to find out! Fill out the form below, and we'll be in contact to help you get started down the road to becoming an intern.