Applicants must give clear evidence of faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. They must have a practice of personal Bible study, prayer, and demonstration of dedication and spiritual maturity. 🙏
Whether married or a single male, the Village Missions applicant must have a desire to carry out this unique missionary ministry. If married, your wife should share the call and desire. The missionary wife is an integral part of the ministry of Village Missions. The contribution she makes serving as a missionary to the cause of Christ is incalculable. She is to work alongside her husband to complete a missionary team. ❤️
Education requirements for those seeking appointment as Village Missionaries under Village Missions are: a diploma or degree from a Bible school, Bible College, Seminary, Contenders Discipleship Initiative, or, in lieu of a diploma or degree, equivalent course work which meets the educational requirements set forth by Village Missions. Since this is a pastoral ministry, training in pastoral studies is highly recommended. Ministry and life experience may be granted in lieu of some academics, provided there is evidence of effective ministry. The amount of credit will be determined on an individual basis.
- The supernatural and plenary inspiration of the Scriptures - that they are inerrant and that their teaching and authority are absolute, supreme, final and complete;
- The trinity of the Godhead - God, the Father; God, the Son; and God, the Holy Spirit;
- The personality of God - the personality and deity of Jesus Christ, begotten of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, very God and very Man; the personality of the Holy Spirit;
- The resurrection of Jesus Christ - that His body was raised from the dead according to the Scriptures, and that He ascended into Heaven and sitteth on the right hand of God as the believer's Advocate;
- The sinfulness of man - that all human beings are born with a sinful nature, are totally depraved and need a Savior from sin;
- The Atonement - that Jesus Christ became the sinner's sacrifice before God and died as the propitiation for the sins of the whole world;
- The necessity of the new birth - salvation is by grace through faith and not of works; saving faith will maintain good works in the life of the believer;
- The literal resurrection of the body, both of the just and of the unjust; The everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting punishment of the lost;
- The evangelization of the world - the supreme mission of the church in this age is to preach the gospel to every creature;
- The second coming of Christ according to Scripture.
The demand for spiritually healthy churches is great. The demand for spiritually healthy leaders is required. The expectation is that the missionary/pastor will exhibit a servant attitude in both the church and community where he serves. He should be gifted and have the desire to both communicate the gospel and equip those under his care to grow in their knowledge of Christ in order to carry out the Great Commission through the Great Commandment.
The Village Missionary should be a self-starter and is expected to initiate and maintain an active, effective, program of evangelism and corporate worship services. He is to exhibit the highest degree of integrity and honesty, as well as having a willingness to come under the authority and policies of the Village Missions community.
The Village Missionary is responsible to raise a modest amount of support for the ministry to which they will be assigned. These funds help offset the cost of providing leadership to the church. For questions regarding support-raising, contact the office.